WHAT IS SHORTCUT VIRUS?
HOW SHORTCUT VIRUS WORKS AND EXPANDS?
- It spreads from an infected PC or any other flash drives like the pen drives, external hard disks, SD card…etc. It can also spread from the phone internal storage when connected to PC.
- If you connect your flash drives to any infected PC then your flash drives also gets affected by it.
- If you connect your infected flash drives and if you don’t take care of it while copying them to your PC..Then your PC gets affected.
- It may also come from files that are downloaded from non-sure friendly websites, torrents, and files sharing websites.
How to remove shortcut virus from Pendrive/PC
- Go to this location on your pc “C:\Windows\system32”.
- Then you need to look for the file “wscript.exe” and then DELETE it.
- Removing the “wscript.exe” file removes the shortcut virus from your pc.
- Plug in your infected pen drive/SD card…etc
- Go to start and search for “cmd.exe” and run in as adminstrator.
- If you are using windows 8 then simply right click on start button and select the option “command prompt(admin)”.
- Then type location of the pen drive like the below.
then just simply copy the code given below
Now go back to your pen drive and see all your important files.You will see an empty folder there you can see all your files.
- attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
- Then after copying the code just simply press ENTER.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FLASH DRIVES/PC FROM SHORTCUT VIRUSHere are some of useful tips which helps you to avoid getting affected by shortcut virus.
That’s it, this was all about how you can protect your device from being effected from shortcut viruses and how to remove shortcut virus from PC/Pendrive/Laptop easily. If you’re having any problem regarding this article, do let us know through the comment section below. I will try to respond to each and every comment. Thanks guys and keep visiting!
- Turn off AUTORUN option in your pc.
- Make sure you use an updated antivirus.
- Always scan your flash drive immediately when connected to your PC.