The warez keys that allow you to install XP SP2 are ones with the the PID (Product ID) of xxxxx-640-xxxxxxx-xxxxx (Note: x's will be numbers)
the easiest way to check yours is by pressing the Windows Key + Break.
In the System Properties window that appears look down to the Registered to: section, if the second group of 3 numbers reads anything other than 640 you need this guide. If it reads 640 then you are safe.
How to change your Product Key
Stage 1: Choose your Product Key
* Download the XPSP2-Keygen pack and extract its contents to a folder of your choice
* Open up XPSP2 & Office KeyGen.exe and change the Windows version to Windows XP Pro. VLK (You will notice the product ID range change to 640)
* Hit Generate a few times to generate your valid keys.
* Make a note of the key you have chosen.
Stage 2: Validate your Product Key
* Open up The Blue Lists XPKey.exe and choose the following options:
Software: Windows XP Corp
Mode: Test Key
* In the Progress box enter your key in the spaces provided
* Hit the Process! button. A small box will appear telling you if your key is valid or invalid. If valid move onto the final stage of actually changing the key, if not, please try again
Stage 3: Changing the Product Key
* Open up XPProCorp-keyChanger.exe and hit space to continue, you will see a huge list of keys appear, totally disregard them, hit space again.
* When the Activate Windows box appears choose the 2nd option 'Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows' and click Next
* In the next window (Activate Windows by phone) choose the option 'Change Product Key' which is across the bottom
* On the Change product key screen enter in your valid XPSP2 Product Key and click Update
* Once you return to the Activate Windows by phone screen simply close the Activate Windows box.
* Press the Windows Key + Break to confirm you have the correct PID. If it reads xxxxx-640-xxxxxxx-xxxxx, congrats you can safely install XP SP2
Download the XPSP2-Keygen pack: http://tinyurl.com/7y2ac
Credits go to all of the writers of the programs in the keygen pack including Mr Dude who was a member of this forum in one if its previous incarnations.
Where is final SP2 ?
Following PID IDs will be banned in blue list prepared by Microsoft (thought to be pirated) to prevent from activating forthcoming service pack SP 2 for Windows XP home & Pro editions.
Windows XP Pro/Home Edition.