Tuesday, November 1, 2016
How to setup a wireless printer
2. The next thing you will need is a router. You need to make sure that both your computer’s wireless network and the router are 802.11 compliant. There is 802.11b (standard) and also 802.11g (if you are printing a large amount of pages). D-Link and Linksys are two companies (of many) that make wireless routers. A wireless router will cost you around $50 – $90.
3. Now you need to setup your wireless router to your computer. D-link software usually will help you with this process.
4. Once your computer recognizes your wireless router you are ready to go.
The next thing you will need is a wireless printer. I have the Lexmark X4550. Is it a very good printer, copier and scanner. The setup is very easy as well.
5. Once your printer software is installed onto your computer, do the following:
2. Control panel
3. Go to hardware and sound —-> printers (just printers in XP)
4. On the toolbar click add a printer
5. Click the box, Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer.
6. Finally your computer will search for the printer and you can then click on it and you are done.
Note: – Make sure that your printer software is installed onto all of the computer in your wireless network. this will allow you to print from any computer in your house.