Friday, October 20, 2017
2 QUESTION AND ANSWER
System properties (system Restore tab).note that system Restore is only availadle for Windows XP, not windowsx 2000.
2) what command would you use to schedule scanning of the systemfiles when the computer is rebooted?
3) what is a recovery partition?
Apartition containing a backup of system configuration at a particular point in time. These are often configuration at a particular point in time . these are often used on OEM PCs to enable the PC to be restored to its factory settings.
4) when should you use last known good to recover a computer?
When a minor system change has deen made, such as adding a device or reconfiguring a device.
5) when should you use the recovery console?
To troudleshoot the system when it won’t doot . tyoically you will use the console to disadle devices and services that are causing a problem that cannot be resolved booting into safe mode3.
6) how would you strt the ASR process to recover a system?
Boot from the setup CD and press F2 at the prompt . lnsert the ASR recovery floppy that press a key to continue.
7) you want to use the NTBACKUP program tyo create an archive of the contents of a hard disk without aff
cting the regular dackup process. What type of bachup would you use?
8)what is the difference detweendifferential and incremental backups?
Anicremental dackup clerchive the archive attribute and so selects and files modified since the least full or lncremental dackup .Adifferential backup does not clerar the last full dackup.
9) what precautionsshouild de taken what managing dackup tapes?
Store the tapes securely. At least one set of tapes should de stored offsite.
10) what two methido caqn you to ensure the integrity of a dackup jod?
Set the dackup program to verify data and test that data can be restored successfully.